| High Speed Sorters, Tray Types:
Tilt Tray, Split- Tray, Cross Belt, Carrier-Style
TRAY TYPES & CAPACITIES
VIDEO - HIGH SPEED SORTERS
click on image below
for all video clips
GBI currently provides a variety of tray types and mechanisms for their high speed sortation solutions:
|Tilt Tray - High Speed Sorters
The light capacity tray mechanisms can sustain weights up to 5 lbs. and are used primarily for small items such as jewelry, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, check boxes, small parcels, in packaging such as jiffy bags, polybags, vacuum formed clam shells, and/or boxes.
The medium capacity tray mechanism can sustain weights up to 25 lbs. and are used primarily for larger packages, books, mail order catalogue items, clothing, groceries, parcels, etc. The following sections describe the benefits each tray type has to offer and for which case they are best suited.
- Low maintenance and high reliability
- Trays can handle packages of varying sizes and types within design limits.
- Product is positively conveyed in trays as opposed to timed placement on a belt substantially reducing the possibility of jams or backups more commonly associated with sweeping arm type sorters.
- Tray material is specially coated metal chosen based on the product conveyed.
- Trays return to level position after tilting averting possible mis-sorts due to unexpectedly slow product deployment.
Light Capacity Tilt Tray Mechanism
The Light Capacity Tray Mechanism is used primarily for small items such as jewelry, pharmaceuticals, check boxes, cosmetics, bags or parcels.
- 5 lb. weight capacity.
- Trip lever is positively guided throughout the sorter to ensure a level tray position during transport and tilt. The tray is only allowed to tilt at the designated location.
- This tilt mechanism contains only two moving parts, and is attached to the belt by four screws making it easy to replace, if needed.
Tilt Tray - Light Capacity
Medium Capacity Tilt Tray Mechanism
The Medium Capacity Tilt Tray Mechanism is used primarily for larger packages, or items such as books, groceries, clothing, and parcels.
- 25 lb. weight capacity
- Over center design locks the tray level to help prevent a forced tilt due to uneven weight distribution.
- This tilt mechanism contains only six moving parts, and is attached to the belt by four screws making it easy to replace, if needed.
Tilt Tray - Medium Capacity
Video - Flat Garment, Oval Layout, Large Capacity Dual-Divert Chutes
- used to increase sort rate
GBI's Split-Tray carrier design incorporates two independent trays on the same carrier. This allows each side tray to tip independently of the adjacent tray traveling on the same carrier.
When using the Split-Tray on GBI’s High-Speed Tilt Tray Sorter, the normal carrier rate of 12,000 trays per hour now becomes 24,000 trays per hours since two trays per carrier are loaded with product and sorted simultaneously.
CROSS BELT "Smart-Car" Unit
The cross belt sorts a wide variety of items weighing up to 100 pounds (46 kg), at speeds up to 500 ft 150m) /min.
Each cross-belt unit is a smart unit with its own smart controls. These smart cars enable GBI to program different load speed characteristics as well as several product dispatching speeds. Each unit receives its instructions on-the-fly from the sorter server
Cross belt cars are sized to suit your product.
Belt material and surface finish to suit your product.
Induct from the right or left.
Discharge to the right or left.
Oversized items may be placed across two cross belt cars.
GBI will provide all the design services you need for a fully integrated system, including interfaces to your legacy equipment, such as take-away conveyors. Chutes will be configured to suit your product and work flow.
See a video of a GBI Cross-Belt installation, sorting flat garments and accessories.
Cross Belt "smart-car"
BOMB BAY • CARRIER-STYLE
Packages are carried in clear Lexan carriers (which are diverted to interior and exterior bins). When the destination is reached the bottom opens to release the product (bomb bay style). A typical product applications for this sorter include photofinishing envelopes, videotapes, optical frames and lenses, small envelopes or catalogs.
To enable GBI's Bomb Bay (Carrier Style) Sorter to transport a variety of package sizes, the carriers on this sorter are available in two sizes:
- 14" x 7" x 1.5" width
- 14" x 7" x 3.0" width
Bomb Bay (Carrier-Style)
Additional information on GBI's High Speed Sortation Systems:
GBI Data & Sorting Systems • 1143 West Newport Center Drive • Deerfield Beach, FL 33442 USA
954-596-5000 Ext. 231 • Fax 954-596-5015 • E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org